Vidya Balan on her Project with Sanjay Leela Bhansali  

Posted by: shilpz in , , , , ,

Vidya Balan

This year Vidya is done with searching for various by-lanes to her screen identity. She wants to films with substance and purpose.

Perhaps the fact that directors like Sajid Khan for whom she went glam have gone to other leading ladies has something to do with Vidya’s decision.

“All my forthcoming films have a sharp sense of social purpose, and that definitely includes Vibhu Puri’s Chenab Gandhi which I’m enormously excited about because it’s produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.”

Vidya has been attending costume and reading sessions for Chenab Gandhi and is spellbound by the script. “But I haven’t really interacted that much with my co-star Hurman as yet. With Mr Bachchan who plays the title role, I share a lifelong bonding.Right from Eklavya we’ve been paired in so many films right up to Chenab Gandhi and now Balki’s Pa. If I did all the films last year that I was offered with Mr Bachchan I wouldn’t be working with anyone else,” says Vidya, adding she’s excited to work with Abhishek Bachchan for the first time in Pa.

“We’ve never been paired together.It would be interesting to have another interesting co-star to work with,” says Vidya who went to Panchgani for her birthday this year, with her parents, sister and brother-in-law. “It’s very rare for all five of us in the family to be together. My birthday falls on a very unforgettable day, the New Year. It’s preceded by Christmas, so we all take time off to be together. Another advantage of being born on the first day of the year is, no one can claim to forget your birthday,” she says with loud laughter.

Vidya recently saw Ghajini and was bowled over by Aamir Khan. “I’m dying to work with Aamir. And Shah Rukh of course is my favorite. I said on Sajid Khan’s chat show I want to kill Shah Rukh’s wife. No one took me seriously. There was no enhancement in the security around her. Sad

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Categories